Athy Golf Club was formed in 1906 as a nine hole course and was extended to 18 holes in 1993. The course had a Par of 71 and it extended to 6,400 yards from the medal tees.
The Pre-Building Period
Like many of the older Golf Clubs in Ireland, a galvanized cabin type pavilion served the needs of our club for over sixty years. Have a look at the picture above taken in 1937 to see what we mean by the galvanized structure.